Bake sales are a popular fund raising option for campus organizations. UGA has established general guidelines for safety and assitance to organizations conducting bake sales. The following precautions should be taken:
1. No food which requires refrigeration should be sold. This includes cream-filled pastries, eclairs, cream pies, etc.
2. Only bars, cookies, cakes, and doughnuts are acceptable bake sale items
3. All bake sale items should be individually wrapped at the original point of preparation
4. Preparation may be completed in a home-type kitchen provided that bake sale items are prepared seperately from food intended for individual consumption
5. Bake sale items should be transported in a covered, dust-proof container
6. Individuals conducting the baking and/or wrapping or sale of food should
thoroughly wash their hands before handling the product