Managing potentially explosive chemical (PEC) inventory (expiration emails):
- Login to Chematix (https://chematix.uga.edu) and click the Inventory tab
- Click the Generate PEC Expiration Aging Report link under the sub-header Hazard Maintenance*
- Click the radio button next to the chemical to be updated**
- Click Update Expiry Date button
Read the warning message carefully – extending an expiration date for a chemical is allowable based on your negative tests for peroxide formation as well as your expert knowledge and understanding of the chemical’s properties (6 month max, please).
- Enter the new expiration date in the Expiration Date field
- Click Submit
- A green banner will appear indicating a successful update
*If you do not see this link it means that you have not been added to a lab location in the system. Contact us at email@example.com or call 706-542-5801 to have this corrected
**If you do not see the radio button (a circular clickable selection dot), your role in the system is not set as the lab supervisor. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 706-542-5801 to have this corrected
Note: If a PEC is submitted for hazardous waste pickup, you will not stop receiving email expiration notifications until it has been received into the hazardous waste facility.
Need help? email@example.com (response within 1 hour during regular business hours) or call 706-542-5801