Chemical Storage Units are specific physical locations within your lab where chemical containers are stored. Typically these locations will include flammable cabinets, refrigerators, acid cabinets, and dry chemical cabinets. At least one chemical storage location must be specified in Chematix for each laboratory room where chemical containers are stored. In most cases, labs will have several chemical storage locations in each lab room. The default "undefined" location will be listed in every lab room in Chematix and cannot be edited or deleted and will be where new hazardous chemicals will be inserted into your Chematix inventory listing. Transfer newly received chemicals (click here for steps) into their appropriate storage location in Chematix.
Follow these steps to create Chemical Storage Units for each of your lab rooms:
- Login to Chematix (https://chematix.uga.edu) using your UGA credentials.
- Click the Resources tab in the top menu.
- Click View My Locations (if you do not see your locations shown, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can add you).
- Click the name of your lab from the list shown in the Laboratory column (far left).
- Click the button Display Storage List.
- Click the button Manage Storage Units.
- In the text field provided on the next page, enter the name you've chosen for the storage unit. The name you use is your choice. We ask that you also physically label the storage unit in the lab with the same name you choose to list in Chematix. Common storage unit names include "flammable storage 1," "acid cabinet 2," and "fridge."
- Click the button Commit New Record.
- Repeat steps 7 and 8 until you have entered all of the storage units for the room you selected.
- Click Finished.